Monday, December 15, 2008

I fought the cakes and the cakes won...

Not such a great day for cake decorating. We had a pistachio torte and a flourless espresso torte. I had issues with crumbs in my buttercream for the pistachio, and the glaze was too cool for my espresso. Oy. But, we were actually able to have class.

A little background on that: last night hit a record low in Denver of -18F. Brrr. The labs aren't kept terribly warm anyway, but our lab room was 32F at 6:30 this morning, and the pipes were frozen. You can't run production if there's no running water. So we turned on all the ovens and jacked the heat up. Finally, around 8:30 we got water in the dish pit, so we got started with finishing our cakes. But, the water would change from hot to cold in seconds. It was just a chilly day in class. My feet are still cold, and I've been home for over an hour.

Our big project is due on Thursday. I'm done with the writing. I just have to do the cake cutting guide and the sketch of my cake.

Three days until break...

No comments: