Sunday, May 24, 2009

"Tired of books and boring classes"

Just had to get in that little nod to my classmates from Mt. Holyoke who are attending our 10 year reunion this weekend. I'm kind of jealous because I didn't get to go (haven't really been back to campus since our 2-year reunion in 2001) and I hear that everyone had a fabulous time.

In any case....

Wow! School is over! Classes got out on Thursday. I'm still slightly stunned that I actually made it through the year. It seemed like such a long haul back in September, and it was, but it went by shockingly fast.

The big news is that I'll be leaving on Wednesday for a couple of days of sightseeing before I start my co-op at Custer State Park in South Dakota. I'll be working with the pastry chef at the State Game Lodge, which was the "Summer White House" for Presidents Coolidge and Eisenhower. I'll be living in the park's employee housing (think dorm room), likely with a roomate. I'm getting paid, and meals and housing are provided. All in all, a pretty good deal. I've heard that the park is a great place to work, so while I am nervous, I'm sure I'll learn a lot and have a good time. I won't be back in Denver until after Labor Day, so it's going to be a long summer away from home.

I do have pictures from school that I need to post, I promise I will. I'll be taking the camera with me to S.D., so no worries: there will be photos of scenery and buffalo.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Looking forward to living vicariously--the pastry and the scenery. Have a grand time!